COVID-19 Response Update- March 12, 2020
The following guidance is issued with the intent to safeguard our employees and those with whom they interact from being infected with or transmitting the COVID-19 “Coronavirus” which has been categorized a “pandemic” by the World Health Organization. This situation has global ramifications and additional information will be provided as prudent following the direction of governmental and official health organizations.
Abacus Corporation is committed to be a responsible employer and corporate citizen. It is our goal to balance extreme caution with reasonable measures to ensure that we are part of the global solution while still providing the critical services for our clients. In many cases, our workforce is considered “essential employees” and while taking safety and reasonable precautions, should attempt to report to work as scheduled.
Fundamental best practices that all employees must follow:
1. Employees are encouraged to practice good hygiene as a preventative measure.
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and discard the tissue in proper trash receptacle.
• Avoid touching your face (eyes, nose, mouth) and if you find that you have done so, please wash your hands again.
• Avoid sharing food or drink.
• Practice “social distancing,” which effectively means avoid handshaking, hugs or other personal contact.
2. Employees who are ill should not report to work. Any worker who has a cough, fever, shortness of breath is of highest concern. A doctor’s note may be required for return to work after a period of illness.
3. Employees who have travelled out of the United States, Canada or Mexico within the past 14 days should identify themselves to their manager who will seek guidance from Human Resources. In certain circumstances, a self-quarantine period may be required depending on country of travel in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control.
4. All non-essential business travel by air or train is temporarily suspended.
5. Abacus will coordinate with clients regarding “attendance points” or other attendance tracking measures to ensure that reasonable and proper consideration is provided so that those who have symptoms or possible exposure can remain at home without the fear of termination of employment.
6. Employees can access the confidential Abacus Employee Assistance Program 24 hours per day by calling 800-316-2796.
If you should have any questions about this policy guidance please contact your manager or Abacus
Human Resources at 800-230-0043, extension 266. For more information about COVID-19 visit www.cdc.gov.