Abacus Staffing a leading provider of comprehensive employment/placement solutions is seeking market talent. We offer meaningful and long-term employment opportunities, comprehensive pay structure and outstanding customer service to a workforce of more than 20,000 nationally.
Account Clerk II
Date Posted: December 5th, 2022
Abacus Staffing a leading provider of comprehensive employment/placement solutions is seeking market talent. We offer meaningful and long-term employment opportunities, competitive pay structure and outstanding customer service to a workforce of more than 20,000, nationally.
Job Title: HR/FMLA Specialist (Account Clerk II – 37695)
Job location: VB Human Resources, Employee Relations
2424 Courthouse Drive, Building 18, Room 106, Virginia Beach, VA
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Pay Rate: $16.08/hour
Family Medical Leave Processing
- Responsible for the coordination and administration of leave under the Family Medical Leave Act
- Handles a high volume of FMLA leave of absence cases and intake of constant daily requests and questions on leave of absence
- Determines which FMLA forms are necessary and provides required forms to employee in accordance with required deadlines
- Reviews completed FMLA documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Determines employee eligibility and designates leave under the FMLA in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations, as well as City policies and procedure
- Performs recordkeeping and data entry activities in Insite and VB time
- Runs leave related reports in InSITE and VB Time
- Provides timely and accurate responses to members and supervisors concerning FMLA day-to-day issues and activities
- Maintain timely follow up with Occupational Health Services to ensure healthcare certification processing (i.e., approval/denial) complies with FMLA federal regulations.
- Keeps informed of state leave laws, FMLA and regulatory federal and state laws regarding leave of absence
- Maintain highly confidential employee files and ensure HIPPA compliance
- Attends seminars and training classes to stay current with changes and best practices.
- Seeks supervisory guidance/approval as appropriate
Leave Donation Program
- Coordinates the application process to include checking for eligibility, determining eligibility, generating correspondence, and answering questions from members, PALS, or supervisors.
- Completes and approves related transactions or data entry in InSITE or VB Time.
- Maintains leave donation files.
- Serves as back-up to Employee Relations Human Resources Office Assistant
- Provides support to the overall operations of the ER Division
- Understand and interpret city policies and procedures pertaining to employee relations
- Prepares and/or coordinates correspondence of complex and confidential nature, interoffice forms, agendas, presentations, and other reports and forms
Key knowledge, skills and abilities for this position include:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Experience providing exemplary customer service to internal and external customers
- Experience serving in a human resources support role
- Experience facilitating human resource processes and transactions
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and discretion in line with the goals of the division
- Experience working in a highly confidential, fast paced environment providing timely and accurate deliverables
Apply Today – Gain Access to Immediate Employment Opportunities!
Join the Abacus family of more than 27,000 employees assigned to top-rated clients, nationally.
- Competitive Pay Rates
- Excellent Culture
- Meaningful Employment
- Potential for Growth
When you apply, your experience may be considered across business verticals:
- Abacus Staffing – Multi-Client General Staffing
- Abacus Solution Group – Professional Placement
- Harrison Richard Group – Accounting & Finance
- Abacus Security Services
Employment opportunities include a wide range of placement options: project-based, temporary to permanent hire, part-time, contract-basis, direct hire and on-demand placement.
Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 6 months experience in this position
- Flexibility to align your experience with a broad range of assignments
- Meet physical, aptitude, educational and minimum experience criteria
A sampling of our featured jobs