Abacus Staffing a leading provider of comprehensive employment/placement solutions is seeking market talent. We offer meaningful and long-term employment opportunities, comprehensive pay structure and outstanding customer service to a workforce of more than 20,000 nationally.
Abacus Staffing, a leading provider of comprehensive employment/placement solutions is seeking market talent. We offer meaningful and long-term employment opportunities, competitive pay structure and outstanding customer service to a workforce of more than 20,000, nationally.
Job Title: Office Assistant II Req. #38563
Job Locations: Towne Bank Building, 2101 Parks Avenue, Suite 500 Virginia Beach, VA 23451
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Pay Rate: $16.08/hr.
- Answering the main number and providing front desk welcoming services to clients and guests visiting the main office of the Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Providing a variety of clerical duties involving general office support.
- Inventorying office/meeting supplies for the operating units located at Parks Avenue and determining what supplies need to be reordered
- Working with the account clerk to place supply order; Boardroom operations: maintain COVID protocols in boardroom following each meeting ensuring space is clean prior to next meeting; ability to operate audiovisual equipment for meetings; scheduling meetings in the CVB Boardroom and for CVB fleet and resolving scheduling conflicts.
- Read, route, and distribute incoming mail and deliveries. Maintain paper and or electronic files by sorting, index, and file materials alphabetically, numerically.
- Schedule meetings for supervisor.
- Provide clerical support for department director sponsored events which include creation of certificates, letters, databases, researching goods and services.
- Type letters, memorandum, reports, and other materials from clear copy or rough draft.
- Editing and proofreading of documents.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills, knowledge of navigating the internet and online research, operate standard office equipment, maintain lobby, front desk, and kitchen areas keeping clean and free from clutter.
- Order corporate catering, the ability to maintain confidentiality, able to work independently or on a team.
- Ability to adjust to typical work stressors (deadlines, disagreeable callers/visitors), able to adjust routine procedures to accommodate simple challenges.
Apply Today – Gain Access to Immediate Employment Opportunities!
Join the Abacus family of more than 27,000 employees assigned to top-rated clients, nationally.
- Competitive Pay Rates
- Excellent Culture
- Meaningful Employment
- Potential for Growth
When you apply, your experience may be considered across business verticals:
- Abacus Staffing – Multi-Client General Staffing
- Abacus Solution Group – Professional Placement
- Harrison Richard Group – Accounting & Finance
- Abacus Security Services
Employment opportunities include a wide range of placement options: project-based, temporary to permanent hire, part-time, contract-basis, direct hire and on-demand placement.
Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 6 months experience in this position
- Flexibility to align your experience with a broad range of assignments
- Meet physical, aptitude, educational and minimum experience criteria