Abacus Staffing a leading provider of comprehensive employment/placement solutions is seeking market talent. We offer meaningful and long-term employment opportunities, comprehensive pay structure and outstanding customer service to a workforce of more than 20,000 nationally.
Abacus Staffing a leading provider of comprehensive employment/placement solutions is seeking market talent. We offer meaningful and long-term employment opportunities, competitive pay structure and outstanding customer service to a workforce of more than 20,000, nationally.
Job Title: Clerk III
Job location: City of Virginia Beach, Department of Human Services, Transportation
3432 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8AM to 5PM
Pay rate: $15.00/hour
Greet and announce appointments, visitors, clients on the receptionist station. Prioritize and organize resource appointment calendars, duty sheets. Verbally communicate directions and instructions as needed. Answer inquiries and obtain information for clients, general public, customers, visitors and other parties. Provide information regarding activities at Human Services; location of other departments, offices and employees within the organization.
- Stationed at the Front Desk or in the customer care communications center for Human Services with tasks of directing visitors to correct area and/or answering incoming calls to the department.
- Follow all guidelines and policies pertaining to Front Desk security procedures
- Communicate with customers by providing information about Human Services, such as location of departments, offices, and hours of operation.
- Apply knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services to public.
- Communicate with a variety of people to accomplish daily assignments on the telephone and in person.
- Maintain professional attitude when dealing with irate, angry customers.
- Answer questions from employees or public in person and on telephone
- Explains rules, policy and regulations
- Operate computer screening systems
- Resolve client or public complaints by directing call to appropriate program area
- Follow city telephone standards
- Maintain and update resource information and telephone lists
- Alert proper administration staff of any threatening or dangerous situation
- Communicate & liaise verbally between clients/workers/public/professionals and relevant staff and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone and to verbal instructions.
- Perform other job duties requiring skills, knowledge and physical requirements as demanded by those duties described or less. Individual assignments will be determined by the supervisor based on then current workloads and department needs.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Human Services Benefits Programs experience.
Weekly pay and benefits available!
Visit us: 360 Southport Circle, Suite102 Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Contact us: (757) 495-3145 | Apply at: www.abacusonline.jobs
Apply Today – Gain Access to Immediate Employment Opportunities!
Join the Abacus family of more than 27,000 employees assigned to top-rated clients, nationally.
- Competitive Pay Rates
- Excellent Culture
- Meaningful Employment
- Potential for Growth
When you apply, your experience may be considered across business verticals:
- Abacus Staffing – Multi-Client General Staffing
- Abacus Solution Group – Professional Placement
- Harrison Richard Group – Accounting & Finance
- Abacus Security Services
Employment opportunities include a wide range of placement options: project-based, temporary to permanent hire, part-time, contract-basis, direct hire and on-demand placement.
Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 6 months experience in this position
- Flexibility to align your experience with a broad range of assignments
- Meet physical, aptitude, educational and minimum experience criteria