Abacus Staffing a leading provider of comprehensive employment/placement solutions is seeking market talent. We offer meaningful and long-term employment opportunities, comprehensive pay structure and outstanding customer service to a workforce of more than 20,000 nationally.
Abacus Staffing a leading provider of comprehensive employment/placement solutions is seeking market talent. We offer meaningful and long-term employment opportunities, competitive pay structure and outstanding customer service to a workforce of more than 20,000, nationally.
Job Title: Office Assistant (part-time)
Job location: Norfolk, VA 23502
Schedule: (15-20 hours per week) varied schedule M-F 10-2 or 9-1 – flexibility permitted
Pay Rate: $11 - $13/hour (depending on experience)
- Types correspondence and reports
- Composes routine correspondence; produces professional documents with graphics, charts and tables as needed.
- Prepares for meetings by sending out notices and other materials, takes minutes, follows up on agenda items.
- Enters information in database programs, enters on-screen updates, and prepares final copy of reports and correspondence.
- Maintains files and records.
- Performs the clerical, which may include ordering supplies, processing and maintaining l records.
- Handles privileged information in a sensitive and confidential manner.
- Requires considerable knowledge of the most office practices.
- Requires excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- While being detail-oriented, must also be able to understand the broader context in which the work is to be completed.
- Requires initiative, independent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Must be flexible and able to effectively change priorities and direction.
- Requires extensive practical experience, flexibility, appointment scheduling, computer records management, data entry and tracking, project coordination, and handling incoming calls and inquiries, as necessary.
- Must be confident, personable, and a team player.
- Must be comfortable with new technology and equipment.
COMPUTER SKILLS: High proficiency in Microsoft Office (XP) applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook as well as various other software programs.
Requires equivalent to graduation from high school, including or supplemented by courses in business education (Associates Degree preferred) and two years of experience in responsible Office work.
Weekly pay and benefits available!
Visit us: 360 Southport Circle, Suite102 Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Contact us: (757) 495-3145 (text or call)
Apply at: www.abacusonline.jobs
Apply Today – Gain Access to Immediate Employment Opportunities!
Join the Abacus family of more than 27,000 employees assigned to top-rated clients, nationally.
- Competitive Pay Rates
- Excellent Culture
- Meaningful Employment
- Potential for Growth
When you apply, your experience may be considered across business verticals:
- Abacus Staffing – Multi-Client General Staffing
- Abacus Solution Group – Professional Placement
- Harrison Richard Group – Accounting & Finance
- Abacus Security Services
Employment opportunities include a wide range of placement options: project-based, temporary to permanent hire, part-time, contract-basis, direct hire and on-demand placement.
Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 6 months experience in this position
- Flexibility to align your experience with a broad range of assignments
- Meet physical, aptitude, educational and minimum experience criteria