Services You Can Count On!
Abacus, a corporate services company, has been offering solid service solutions to our clients since 1944. We are proud of our many long term relationships and have been effectively providing temporary staffing services, security services, and facilities management services to a wide range of industries.
Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, Abacus presently has offices in ten states with regular expansion into markets, nationally.
We specialize in………
Abacus recognizes that each organization has unique staffing demands; therefore we offer each client customized staffing models which address core business goals, staffing & budgetary requirements.
- Administrative, Professional, Light & Heavy Industrial, Engineering, and Technical personnel with a wide range of experience
- Professional workforce with the flexibility to support short-term, long-term, temp-perm client requirement
- Training & skills assessment program
- Comprehensive background screening process
- Flexible staffing models which mirror client facility policies & practices
- Competitive wages & benefits available
- Onsite/Offsite account management
Outsourcing support and non-core functions is an ideal way for companies to compete in today’s competitive business environment. Abacus will work with clients to evaluate desired outsource tasks and offer an analysis of cost effective options to staff and manage such functions.
- Develop a partnership with client management to thoroughly understand outsourcing goals
- Outsourcing solutions that focus on productivity, quality & cost savings initiatives
- Recruiting & employing personnel to support outsourced functions, offering a cost effective alternative to employment of a permanent workforce
- A service plan which offers comprehensive solutions to co-employment issues
- Service flexibility to address peaks and down turns in the business cycle
Abacus will serve as the primary service provider or vendor manager offering a focused single source option to manage staffing and service related functions. This consolidation of services provides our customers a convenient, cost-effective, and streamlined service model.
- Abacus will manage and consolidate staffing related functions, providing our customers a single point of contact
- An experienced corporate implementation team is assigned to determine staffing cycles, technology & reporting requirements & communication goals
- The implementation of price controls and discount incentives offer a significant reduction in service costs
- Management services eliminate inconsistencies in wages, benefits, mark-ups, and invoicing
- Management goals include robust associate supplier inclusion plans which promote the participation of diversity vendors who share our business goals and commitment to quality
- On demand reporting options to capture critical usage information in evaluation of staffing service & workforce performance
Our experienced team of professional recruiters shall serve as an extension of your HR department, recruiting for specialized positions on behalf of your organization. Dedication, responsiveness, and flexible pricing options guarantee your permanent placement requirements are effectively and discretely managed.
- Creative marketing of your employment opportunities which connects our clients to a diverse base of qualified candidates
- Aggressive recruiting techniques to target industry talent
- Prescreened candidates to verify work experience, education, salary, interest, and availability
- Competitive fee structure with performance guarantees
- Confidentiality and discretion in the management of client employment needs
Building Services - Offering You The Advantage From The Ground Up
Our experience and expertise in facility management, building services, engineering, mechanical, security and maintenance gives Abacus the unique blend of in-house and contract talent to manage your assets. From highway rest areas to commercial office buildings to transportation infrastructure, you can count on Abacus.
Experienced Project Managers learn your facility and offer around-the-clock management as if it were our own. Using Abacus to manage your facilities allows us to do what we do best at a significant cost savings to you, while freeing your resources up to do what you do best.
Back to the Top
Commercial Janitorial Services
A lot takes place between the time you head home for dinner and the time you arrive back at the office. Restrooms are cleaned, carpets vacuumed, receptacles emptied, terrazzo polished.
Commercial Janitorial was our first order of business and we do it better than anyone else. Our founder Jesse McGee was a pioneer in the janitorial industry and for over 65 years, Abacus has led the field in commercial janitorial and building maintenance.
We utilize the latest training methods, techniques and state-of-the-art products including “GS-42 approved” cleaning solutions, micro-fiber rags with an approach to clean with effective non-toxic supplies. Additionally our focus on “Green Cleaning” is environmentally friendly and creates less waste for the landfill. We guarantee the highest quality performance by our well-trained and supervised staff of maintenance professionals.
Our field supervisors and quality control teams excel at monitoring each and every aspect of our cleaning process, assuring our clients of the most cost effective and satisfactory results available anywhere. Our multi-level approach is to have a building supervisor checking the work of the janitorial staff, an Operations Manager checking the work of the building supervisor and a dedicated Account Executive to do regular inspections of your facility.
All of our employees are bonded, have completed background checks and we believe we are the only organization offering commercial janitorial services to use E*Verify to certify that 100% of our employees are authorized to work in the United States giving you peace of mind and reducing your liability. That is service you can count on.
Back to the Top
As a licensed security guard agency, Abacus is a leader in the private security services field for over 30 years. Our management includes retired law enforcement, military and seasoned private security personnel. We continue to adapt and implement the latest security and crime prevention techniques becoming an advocate for our clients in the fields of loss control and risk management.
Each of our security officers are recruited, trained (in-house pre-placement training), selected for their respective sites and offered extensive site-training prior to their first hour of service. Our field supervision provides both emergency backup as well as quality control services. This is what has separated us from the competition, our singular commitment to the highest level of field management encompassing some 100 years of combined supervisory staff experience and the training provided by our staff of security experts.
Our primary mission is to be a visual deterrent to those who would seek to damage or destroy life and property, detect hazards and suspicious situations and report to the appropriate personnel. As a quality-control measure we offer electronic tour systems to ensure that all security rounds are done timely and thoroughly.
As a testament to our high level of service our average client engagement is 10 years, significantly higher than industry average. When it comes to securing property and personnel, you can count on Abacus.
Back to the Top
Staffing Services You Can Count On!
The perfect match between client and employee; that’s the benchmark of the ABACUS ADVANTAGE. Abacus staffing is recognized as the service leader in the placement of highly qualified personnel for light industrial, clerical, hospitality, toll collection, flaggers and assembly line production employees—to name a few.
We conduct a comprehensive 10-panel drug test, and in depth criminal background check on each and every Abacus candidate. Abacus, a privately held company, remains unencumbered by the frequent franchise fees and related regulations that often accompany contracting with large national staffing firms. When it comes to staffing, the difference is clear. ADVANTAGE… ABACUS.
Back to the Top
The accounting and financial fields require access to a talented pool of candidates who are flexible in responding to clients project demands. Qualified candidates must possess the education, computer knowledge and practical experience necessary to “hit the ground running” with the ability to quickly integrate into the client’s accounting team.
Our accounting/financial employees shall:
- Possess a thorough knowledge of good accounting practices
- Be screened to verify proficiency in a wide range of accounting software programs
- Demonstrate the flexibility and willingness to be rapidly integrated into client’s accounting department
- Have the necessary education, certifications and licensing as required by our clients
Back to the Top
For more than twenty years, leading companies, federal, state and local municipalities have reached out to Abacus to find and employ qualified administrative and clerical support. Known as a leader in governmental staffing industry, Abacus offers comprehensive and competitively priced service models, customized to our clients’ specific staffing demands. Currently, Abacus works with public and private clients nationally as we continue to identify business opportunities and expand our service footprint.
We recognize the strength of our services is directly related to the quality of the workforce that we employ. Our ongoing recruiting effort at the local level is critical to employing talent. The Abacus team works closely with our candidates to determine their interests and relevant experience. Our recruiting team carefully assesses candidate skills using an automated & fully customized evaluation system. We offer our workforce the opportunity to gain additional knowledge utilizing our software training, and we focus our employment efforts to support our employees’ long term goals.
Elements of our Staffing Service Model include:
- Comprehensive labor market studies to understand key elements of the local talent (pay rates, population, employment statistics)
- Continuous recruiting and hiring initiatives
- Extensive pre-screening (employment/education verifications, pre-employment drug screenings and criminal record checks)
- Skills Evaluation & Testing
- Software Training
- Competitive compensation & flexible benefits
- Long-term employment incentives
Call Center Services
Our experienced call center recruiters have a vast knowledge of call center operations, sales and service at all employment levels. From call center representatives to call center executives, we offer you highly qualified professionals with inbound, outbound, quality assurance and operations experience. As a family-owned business, we know how important it is to have the highest-caliber employees representing our organization. Accordingly, our call center recruiting team is able to provide you with the Call Center Professionals you want representing your company. The Abacus team understands that first impressions are important.
Call Center Professionals that we provide:
- Inbound/Outbound Customer Service Professionals
- Outbound Telemarketing Service Professionals
- Call Center Supervisor, Manager, Director, Business Development, Project Managers, Consultants, Help Desk, IT Support, Quality Assurance
When it comes to Call Center services, you can count on Abacus.
Back to the Top
Distribution / Logistics Services
Logistics Resource Group was created to do more than a typical staffing company. We found that clients were looking for more than a company to fill positions in their warehouse. By satisfying needs for HR support, wage analysis, recruiting and job placement, as well as staffing services, LRG serves as a sole source for Third Party Logistics and Distribution companies. LRG will meet your needs as a true business partner to provide expertise in:
- Identifying markets for a new facility
- Facility Start up
- Improving efficiencies in existing facilities
- Coordinating Job Fairs
- Statistical analysis for existing market
- Employee recruitment & retention
- Implementation of staffing programs including temporary to hire, performance based staffing, and permanent placement recruiting.
Back to the Top
Energy / Utility Services
Abacus’ corporate team is assembled to support our utility clients and has the industry and technical experience necessary to address our clients staffing and project demands. Critical elements of our service model include:
- Project evaluation to determine appropriate staffing requirements
- On staff project managers available to participate in project walk downs and outage planning sessions
- Access to an experienced and flexible workforce with the technical experience to support outage, new construction and project based requirements
- Competitive pricing model which compliments our clients desire to keep within budgetary restrictions
- Safety, training & certification programs
When it comes to Energy & Utility Services, you can count on Abacus.
Back to the Top
Our experience offering comprehensive engineering support services spans more than a decade. Abacus has successfully placed engineers in a wide range of disciplines to support manufacturing, utility, logistics, and defense contracting industries.
Back to the Top
With thousands of resources actively working at hundreds of sites each day around the country, nobody does Government Temporary Employment Services better than Abacus. Our business model makes us an ideal partner for government agencies, big enough to offer significant savings, resources and financial strength, small enough to offer hands-on personal services.
Today, our employees work under more than 250 job classifications. Abacus’ experience at employee conversion programs has been tailored to make what is often a difficult experience “change” into a positive experience.
Our “Transition Teams” work closely with the Account Executive and client contact to make sure that all of the bases are covered. We work to ensure clear communication of options for the affected work-force, review the continuation of benefits, pay rates, schedules and work policies. Our Transition Team is comprised of representatives from Human Resources, Payroll, Operations as well as the dedicated Account Executive.
Abacus brings a focus on providing wages, benefits and advancement opportunities to make us the “employer of choice” for the government workforce.
Abacus has been awarded statewide temporary service contracts in several states and actively works with local, state and government agencies throughout the United States. With proven ability you will find that when it comes to supporting government services, you can count on Abacus.
Back to the Top
IT / Professional Services
Our clients desire access to flexible industry professionals to support their project and augmentation requirements. Our critical role is sourcing, screening and verifying the qualifications and credentials of candidates seeking employment opportunities through Abacus. We expose candidates to the wide range of contract positions available with many leading clients that we support. Our recruiters have the knowledge and experience to carefully evaluate candidate qualifications, past experience, and commitment to join the Abacus team. Identifying and placing an industry professional to meet your specific staffing goals is always our priority, service elements include:
- Aggressive and creative recruiting techniques to target your specific requirements
- Timely response to your requirements and ongoing communication as to efforts to identify and submit candidates
- Candidate evaluation to confirm experience, education, and current salary demands
- Discretion when handling sensitive placement
- Performance guarantees
- On demand reporting & related services
We also work with several premier partners in the IT/ professional field, so you can be certain in that our collective IT knowledge and project management skills are the most current available. Visit the website of our Premier Partners in the IT and Professional Services field:
Back to the Top
Providing unskilled labor that is reliable, safe and well-screened is essential in our industry. Our experienced team of Labor staffing coordinators understands what it takes to be successful in finding the resources you require, whether for a week, a month or indefinitely.
We hold our unskilled labor candidates to the same high standards we have established for all of our candidates to include work history verification, reference checks, criminal background checks as well as E-Verify to confirm legal eligibility to work in the United States.
We understand the critical need for reliable labor and the challenges that come with it. Our dedicated Staffing Coordinators and Account Executives are responsible to understand the specific needs for each of your locations and the specific requirements for which we need to operate under.
Though these laborers typically work under your direction it is important that the Abacus link be strong. Accordingly our Staffing Coordinators will perform job placements and morning or afternoon check-ins.
For large-volume projects we provide experienced On-Site Staffing Coordinators who allow you to focus on what you do best while we focus on the labor. For a dedicated, experienced full-service labor staffing agency, you can count on Abacus.
Back to the Top
Abacus offers various types of warehouse positions. We strive to keep up with your production needs and as business fluctuates with your supply and demand, we are able to keep your facility up to speed to keep up with your production needs.
Warehouse Staffing that we can provide for you:
- Forklift Operators
- Material Handlers
- Freight Handlers
- General Warehouse Labor
- Shipping and Receiving Clerks
- Inventory Control Clerks
Answering the growing need for a stable and vibrant medical staffing provider with deep resources, Abacus has launched a Medical Staffing specialty division. Abacus Medical Staffing recruiters and coordinators operate within the framework of the Abacus business model which offers the maximum "Experience, Commitment & Value" to our employees and clients, alike.
All candidates provided though Abacus Medical Staffing undergo the same rigid scrutiny of a national background check, employment and educational background checks, social security number verification and E-Verify. In addition, all certifications and applicable licenses are verified as current and valid. All employees are insured and bonded.
Positions offered include:
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Social Worker
- Health Care Manager
- Nutritionist / Dietitian
Learn what that Abacus Medical Staffing division can offer your organization today. Contact our National Medical Staffing Director, Joshua Hoffmann at jhoffmann@AbacusCorporation.com
Skilled Trade Services
There are many challenges associated with recruiting and employing highly qualified skilled trades’ personnel. There will continue to be a significant decrease to the numbers of available, flexible, certified and well trained candidates as the dynamics of this workforce is continuously changing. Our services support our goals to attract, retain and as required train and certify individuals with the knowledge and experience to support our customer's unique demands. We have focused on becoming the Employer of Choice for skilled trades’ workers by offering the best assignments, best pay rates and benefits, timely per diem and travel programs as necessary. In addition we focus on:
- Aggressive recruiting and employment initiatives in order to secure long-term employment for skilled trades resources
- Flexible employment opportunities
- Training & certification programs designed to introduce entry-level candidates to the benefits of learning a skilled trade
- Competitive pay & benefits package which are affordable, portable and widely recognized
Back to the Top